Friday, November 15, 2013

Running with Spray Paint and Lampshade Makeover

Since we moved in to our new house, not much sewing has been going on around here... instead a lot more painting. I'm just gonna tell you, I think that spray paint should be counted as one of the greatest inventions for mankind. I. love. it. I will show you what I mean.

I spray painted my 16 year old black floor lamp post to silver, and gave it a new shade...

This Bird decoration I found at a thrift store the other day is NOT AT ALL my style, but with a few coats of spray paint it looks like high end décor. I was thinking about painting it with gold, but I don't really follow trends... I decided to stick to what I love.

There are a few other items that I spray painted but they are not ready to share yet. I promise to do so in the near future. Seriously, spray paint is like my magic wand lately...

Do you remember this picture from several posts ago?


When I finished painting the thrift store find desk and chairs for Rachel's room, I had some leftover light blue paint. It wasn't really enough to save, but I didn't want to throw it away either; so I painted some stuff laying around the house to make them more decorative for her room. One of the items was this old lamp I bought for the nursery when I was pregnant with my oldest son. We got good use out of it, and I was thinking about giving it away when I was unpacking. I am glad I didn't.

With a swipe of a paint a new lamp shade (well... new and old, since I found the shade at a thrift store for a dollar) and flower embellishment with trim, I love it better than the original. It is ready to be used on Rachel's desk space.

Before...

After...

Isn't it so fun? I feel like I should do all paint jobs now before it gets snowy and cold, but I guess that is not going to happen, since I keep finding stuff to paint.

7 comments :

  1. OMG! I love that lamp and shade!d It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe what you do with spray paint! I love the lampshade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE all your projects! The painting transformations are thrilling! I adore painting things, and seeing how you've done things inspires me to get busy. And, the table lamp transformation - wow. Well, I like the spray-painted pheasant, too - and, the desk - everything!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too LOVE spray painting. There's been a lot of paint going around at our house too. It's amazing what you can do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo. so beautiful.. both the bird ant the lamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lampshade and the blue is so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your blog a lot. Its informative and full of information. Thank you for sharing.
    Spray Gun

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin