Sunday, February 12, 2012

Vintage Sheets & Pillowcases Quilt Top



I have been enjoying the mini vacation from my series of procedures. It has been almost 4 weeks since the last one was canceled. I was able to do some things that I have been wanting to start or finish.

I am off to get another procedure today, but I thought I would share one of the quilt tops I finished piecing. I actually started this project back in July. Then, I was stuck in the design decision and had to stop.

I used some of my vintage sheets and pillow cases from my collection along with new fabrics.


Made some cuts...


I wanted a quilt with triangles, but I wasn't sure how I wanted to combine them together, that's where I got stuck. Does that happen to you sometimes?
I finally made up my mind and pieced some of them together... (why did I say "some"? Because I used the same triangles and pieced a totally different quilt too! :) )


I am in the process of quilting this right now; I will share the picture of the finished quilt in the near future.

Have a nice week everyone!

15 comments :

  1. Very pretty! I absolutely love the look of those flowery vintage sheets. I hope everything goes well with your procedure today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks wonderful! So sweet and tea rose-y. ^_^

    Hoping you have a quick recovery from your procedure today, and that it does exactly what is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how lovely!! :) Your fabric choices and color combos are always gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I adore vintage linens, and I'm always looking for new ways to use them. The colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both quilts are just adorable!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt is soo lovely.
    I could live with it forever.
    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an enviable collection of vintage sheets you have Sachiko. I love using them for skirts for my young girls as they're so soft and comfy. Best wishes for a successful procedure and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty !!! I hope your procedure and recovery goes well !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not thst much into vintage fabrics (although some I really like) but I do love what you have done with the sheets and pillowcases! I especially like the first quilt - did you use bias tape or something similar in that quilt? I like how it highlights the fabrics in that quilt. Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is going to be beautiful...and I"m sure so soft.
    How lovely. Can't wait to see the finished product!
    liZ

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO pretty I want to do something like this sweet chic for my guest room, whenever I get around to that...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so wonderful, Sachiko! I love vintage sheets (I think I have a few of the same ones. :)

    I hope your procedure went well! Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very very pretty. I've become a bit obsessed with vintage sheets recently so maybe a quilt is on the cards :) Maggie xx

    http://prettyflowersinthewindow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word! This patchwork is so beautiful! I love the colour scheme. xo.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin