Thursday, October 28, 2010

Taste of the season ~ Butternut Squash Soup ~


I have been in a cooking mood lately. I have tried some new recipes, and also I have been experimenting with the pressure cooker. It is fun.

Several days ago, I made this butternut squash soup. I have been wanting to make a "fall soup", and when I was at the grocery store, I bought a butternut squash impulsively. Without knowing exactly what am I going to do with it.

I googled "Butternut Squash Soup" and read many recipes and reviews (well, I didn't want to waste the squash...). I found a recipe here. It sounded easy and tasty, also, it got so many positive reviews. I had to try it.

Mmmm... It turned out good. It was so yummy.

I tweaked the recipe a little, instead of cutting it small and boil it, I cut the squash in half and baked it. Also, I used sour cream instead of cream cheese, because I didn't have any. The soup was very thick. I think I am going to make it slightly runnier next time, but I loved the taste.

It is getting cold, what have you been cooking in your kitchen lately?

2 comments :

  1. Mmmmmm...this looks so yummy and perfect for Fall now that it has arrived :) You are so talented, Sachiko!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using left over butternut for pumpkin pies, or pumpkin chocolate chip cookies! It has a richer flavor, and is a great way to avoid wasting squash! The soup sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin