Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Link Party No.27 and Star of the Week Poster

My usual routine...get up, send everybody off, clean, do some laundry, start cooking for dinner, go pick up my kindergartener, come home and eat lunch, help her with her homework, read(with her), clean and cook some more if there is anytime left. Go pick up the boys, come home, help them with their homework, take them to their activities (everyday except Friday and Saturday), come home, eat dinner, and jump in to the bedtime routine. Phew...

If I need to or want to do something besides all of that, I have to be really organized and creative in order to squeeze something else in to my schedule. One of the things I wanted (and had) to find time to do was to make a "Star of the week poster" for Rachel. I should have planned better, but I didn't so it was done at the last minute, I was running around the house like crazy trying to find stuff to create this.


I used to scrapbook, but I haven't done it for such a long time. I haven't kept up with the latest "cute stuff" in the scrapbooking world. Although, I am liking this banner that I created...


We don't take news paper, but I wanted the "effect", so I copied a few dictionary pages and cut them into triangles. Then, I took shoe polish cream and lightly smeared it on the paper to make them look a little worn out.

Rachel loved her poster. Making stuff like this doesn't seem that important, but watching her smiling face saying, "Thank you mommy!" sure made me feel like I accomplished something big. :)

Now is the time to share your creations with everybody!

1. Please post something YOU made. It doesn't matter if it is crochet, quilt, clothing, anything would be fine. I want to see it! If you use someone's idea or patterns please give them the rightful credit.

2. Link to your specific post, that way it is easier for everybody to find and read it.

3. Please grab the "Tea Rose Home" grab button, and link back from your post. If you can mention the party in your post or place the button on your side bar, that would be great! I want more people to have a chance to come and show off their creation.





11 comments :

  1. Rachel is a real georgeous girl, pretty, pretty Rachel
    I knew she must be proud of her mother

    I join this party again this week, thank you for hosting this great link party

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning! I love your little paper banner too, the whole idea is just so sweet! Your daughter must have smiled from ear to ear when she saw it, and felt so special! Thank you for hosting the party, I love to see everyones ideas and gather more inspiration from blogland! Also thank you for highlighting my cuff last time I was able to join in the fun, I felt as special as your daughter when I saw the post! Theresa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the poster. I always enjoyed making them for my boys. You can always tell who the moms are that are crafty! Yours is one of them. Your daughter is a cutie!
    Blessings...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! that might be one of the prettiest "about me" posters I've ever seen. No wonder she loved it! That's something to keep on her wall at home, too. Very nice. What a great mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get the buttons to work on my blog. Is anyone else having problems with this? I linked 2 of my creations (my Shoe Makeover is my favorite). Hope you get a chance to look. Thanks for making it so we can all share! I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely poster! I hope you frame it and display it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This poster is unbelievable! You deserve and A, Mom!

    PS. Yes, that banner is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sachiko! We've got our own blog hop going on at FaveCrafts today--our first ever! I wanted to invite you to link up one of your amazing sewing tutorials. I hope to see your link there :)
    http://www.favecraftsblog.com/finished-on-the-fifteenth-favecrafts-blog-hop-for-october/

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin