Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Easy Chocolate Treat

This morning, Rachel and I made this:


I wanted to make something easy, chocolaty and good. So, I looked up some recipes but didn't find anything I had in mind (I know it's out there but I didn't know where to look).

With my little assistant's help, I came up with this treat and it was pretty good!
So, here is what I did

You will need (makes about 5 - 6 dosen)

1 box(17.5oz) of Special K Vanilla Almond cereal
2 bags of chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 bag of Reese's Pieces

How to make

1. In a big bowl, pour all the cereal and 3/4 bag of Reese's Pieces. Lightly mix.

2. In a separate microwavable bowl, pour in the chocolate chips and heat 1 - 2 min to melt them. The chocolate chips may not look melted, but you need to stir them with a fork and see. If you over heat, they get hard and dry and won't be useable.

3. When the chocolate is melted, add oil to it and mix well.

4. Pour the chocolate over the cereal mixture, with a spatula, mix well.

5. Take a large spoon full of the mixture and place onto wax paper, wet your finger tips and put some pressure, so they will stick together.

6, Before the chocolate gets hard, place 1 or 2 Reese's Pieces on top for some color.

7, When it cools you can remove them from the wax paper. Then, it is ready to eat!

I wanted to be creative and picked Vanilla Almond Corn Flakes, but honestly, the flaver of the Reese's Pieces is very strong, you can't really tell the difference in flavor. So, it is fine to use regular cereal, instead.

Also, when the cereal and chocolate mixture get hard, you can put it in the microwave for 20 second or so, that way, the chocolate will melt again, then the mixture will stick together.

Rachel was so happy to be a special helper for this, she was especially delighted when she could lick the chocolate covered utencils. This treat is so easy to make and it makes a lot. It is perfect for Halloween parties or to share with some neighbors.

I can't believe it's almost Halloween! Once Halloween is over, Thanksgiving is right around the corner! I am thinking about doing a give away in the beginning of November to give thanks to you, my readers. So, check back often and see what I have decided to do.

Ohhh... so exciting!

I hope everone will have a fun and wonderful Halloween!

1 comment :

  1. MMM... Looks yummy,can you pop over
    with some and I'll put the kettle on ?
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin